Hello investors, do you want to invest money in stocks, mutual funds, IPO, NPS or any other funds? If yes, then this article is for you. Today I will be going to discuss the Paytm Money Review. Paytm Money is a new investment option in the market.
As you all know Paytm is India’s one of the top payment platforms. Paytm Money started as a direct mutual fund investment option. Now users can invest their money in stocks, IPO, NPS, mutual funds or any other funds. You will get to see the new F&0 trading option on the Paytm Money app and its website. People can invest in Paytm mutual funds and redeem them with zero charges. Paytm Money is a stockbroker and investment partner of SEBI. It is also a member of CDSL, NSE and BSE. They claim that Paytm Money is one of the low-cost investment options with a strong user base all over India.
You can easily log in with Paytm Money through your Paytm user id and password. Then you have to open your Demat account on the Paytm Money app to invest your money in Stocks, Mutual Funds, IPOs, NPS, F&O etc. If you are a new user in the stock market then you can read Paytm Money blogs to know more about the IPOs, Stock or mutual funds in detail.
Disclaimer- Mutual Fund investments are subject to market risks, read all scheme related documents carefully.
Paytm Money Review
We all know a little bit about the Stock market. Upstox, Groww are the two best stock market apps in the Indian market. PaytmMoney is new compared to them. Initially, Paytm Money was started as a direct mutual fund option but later it added more features to it.
Any user can download the Paytm Money app and log in with their Paytm registered mobile number or they can sign up if they don’t have a Paytm account yet. You have to complete KYC to open your Demat account on the Paytm Money app. For the first time, you have to add funds of a minimum of ₹50 to invest your money into Stocks, Mutual Funds, IPOs etc.
I have been using the Paytm Money app for the last couple of months. and I found this is the best app for beginners. It is because they charge a very low amount compared to its competitors in the market. There are no maintenance charges in this app. Let’s read the below section to know more interesting features and charges.
Also Read: Best Refer and Earn Apps India
Paytm Money Demat Account Opening
Any individual can open a Demat account on PaytmMoney easily. Paytm Money offers a paperless account opening process. You need to add your Aadhar, Mobile Number, Pan Number and Bank details to open a Demat account on the Paytm Money app.
- First of all, download the PaytmMoney app.
- Log in with your Paytm details.
- Enter OTP and verify mobile number.
- Tap on the ‘I Want Faster Access’ option.
- Submit all the necessary documents.
- Complete KYC with Aadhar based Esign.
- The broker will register the client details with the exchange and CDSL.
- Enter PAN number and upload PAN image.
- Add personal details like name, email id, address etc.
- Sign in or upload a signature photo.
- Upload your Photo and a 5 second selfie video.
- Tap on Submit button.
- Add address and upload address proof and then tap on Submit option.
- Add nominee, your annual income and tax status.
- Enter your Bank details with IFSC Code, Account Number, Branch etc.
- Upload Bank proof and tap on Submit button.
- Set a 4 digit passcode and tap on ‘Open my account’.
Also Read: Start Affiliate Marketing with No Money
Required Documents for Paytm Money Demat Account
You need to add some basic details and upload the proofs of it. For example, if you added your Bank details then you have to upload your Bank details by adding a cancelled cheque or the Bank passbook first-page photocopy.
- Aadhar Card.
- Mobile Number linked with Aadhar.
- Pan Card.
- Bank Proof (Cancelled Cheque or first page of Passbook).
- Address Proof (Passport, Aadhar, Driving License, Voter ID etc).
- A self recording video of 5 sec (IVR).
- Photocopy of Signature on a white paper.
Also Read: Best Affiliate Programs India
Best Features of Paytm Money
Paytm Money was initially launched as a mutual fund option. Later they have added a stock option to it. They have the largest customer base and they claim that they provide low-cost investment options. Let’s check some of the interesting features of Paytm Money.
- Free equity delivery trading.
- Zero maintainance charges.
- Zero commission on direct mutual fund.
- Users can easily switch between external mutual fund to direct mutual fund.
- Start your investment in 30 minutes.
- Start trading in F&O and Intraday trading at maximum ₹10 / order.
- NPS, IPOs, F&O trading option is available other than Stocks and Mutual Funds.
Also Read: Best Online Shopping Apps
Paytm Money Charges
|1. Account Opening||₹0|
|2. Annual Platform Fee||₹300|
|3. Demat Account Opening||₹0|
|4. Demat AMC (Yearly)||₹0|
|5. Equity Delivery||₹0|
|6. Equity Options Brokerage||₹10 / Executed Order|
|7. Equity Intraday Brokerage||₹10 / Executed Order|
|8. Currency Future Trading Brokerage||₹10 / Executed Order|
|9. Minimum Brokerage Charges||₹0.01 per executed order on Equity Delivery trades|
|10. Other Brokerage Charges||Platform Usage Fees – ₹300 Per Annum|
Physical Statements/Documents – ₹300/Request + ₹300/Courier
|11. Call & Trade Charges||₹50 / Executed Order|
|12. Equity Delivery||NSE ₹325 per Cr (0.00325%) | BSE ₹300 per Cr (0.003%) (each side)|
|13. Equity Intraday||NSE ₹325 per Cr (0.00325%) | BSE ₹300 per Cr (0.003%) (each side)|
|14. Equity Futures||NSE ₹190 per Cr (0.0019%)|
|15. Equity Options||₹5,000 per Cr (0.05%)|
How To Invest in Stocks
I feel if you have invested your money in stocks earlier on any other trading apps like Upstox, Groww then you don’t read the below information. But if you are new to this field and using PaytmMoney for the first time then read this to know how to invest money in the Stocks.
- First of all, open the app.
- Log in with your Paytm credentials.
- Open your Paytm Demat Account.
- Now tap on the ‘Stocks’ option on the homepage.
- Tap on ‘Explore’ and search or select any stocks.
- Tap on ‘Buy’.
- Add funds if you don’t have funds in your account.
- Enter quantity and then make payment.
- Done!! You will get to see it on your Portfolio tab.
Also Read: Best Earn Money Apps
How To Invest Money in Mutual Funds
- Open the Paytm Money app.
- Log in and find ‘Mutual Funds‘ option.
- Tap on ‘Explore’.
- Select any fund.
- Enter Investment Amount and select monthly or one time SIP.
- Make payment and your order will be done.
- Please note that, before investing money in to Mutual Funds you have to complete KYC by adding your basic details nominee & declarations and bank account.
NPS (National Pension System)
NPS is a pension scheme introduced by the Government of India. Under this, any Indian citizen can invest and create a retirement corpus. Any individual of age between 18-60 can join NPS. You will get ₹50,000 deductions from Taxable income under section 80CCD(1B).
Start investing in NPS from as low as ₹1000 and save additional tax of Rs 15,600 over and above the 80C savings. NPS allows subscribers to choose between 7 pension funds such as ICICI, LIC, Kotak Mahindra, SBI, UTI, HDFC and Birla Sunlife Pension Management Funds.
You can invest up to ₹2 Lakhs in NPS and choose an investment option between Tier-1 tax savings scheme and Tier-2 any time withdrawal scheme.
Also Read: Instant Cash Earning Apps
Invest in NPS on Paytm Money
- First of all, choose the NPS option in the app.
- Tap on the ‘Discover Funds’ option.
- Choose your preferred ‘Pension Fund Manager’ and the tap on ‘Invest Now’.
- Submit your personal details and complete NPS-related verification.
- After verification, you can make payment.
- eSign with Aadhar or eSign with Digital Authorization.
- You can eSign within 30 days of payment.
IPOs in Paytm Money
Apart from Stock Market, Mutual Funds, NPS and F&O, IPOs is another great investment option in the Paytm Money app. You will get to see the current and upcoming IPOs on the app and choose as per your choices. It is very easy to invest money in IPOs using UPI. Let’s take a look at how to invest in IPOs and the benefits of applying IPOs in the below section.
Apply for IPOs on Paytm Money
- First of all, open the app.
- Tap on IPOs and select the ‘Explore’ option.
- Complete IPOs KYC if it is not done yet.
- Enter your bid details (quantity, price and no of bids).
- Enter your UPI ID.
- Accept the Block Funds request on your UPI App.
- If allotted, final amount will be debited otherwise it will be unblocked.
You can invest in IPOs with the app if your application is processed. Every company has a ‘lot size’ decided. You have to bid in multiples of the bid sizes. For example, if the lot size is 20 then you can bid for multiples of 20 shares like 40, 60, 80 and so on. Maximum three bids can be accepted and the maximum subscription amount for retail investors is 2 Lakh.
Also Read: Best UPI Apps
Benefits of Applying IPOs
- Apply for IPOs on in 3 clicks on the app and website.
- You can make any changes on your IPO order within the IPO window.
- Users can make payment easily with UPI.
- You can check all the details of company and previous track records.
- You can check current and upcoming IPOs and all track records.
FAQs: Invest Money through Paytm Money
Yes, Paytm Money is fully safe. It is a SEBI registered stockbroker and investor partner. They are also a member of NSE and BSE. They offer low-cost investment options and they have a large customer base.
NPS is a scheme by the Government of India. The full form of NPS is National Pension Scheme. Any individual of age between 18-60 years can invest in NPS and make retirement plans.
Paytm Money charges 0 for Equity Delivery and ₹10 per executed order for Equity Intraday and F&O.
No Paytm Money does not allow users to open accounts offline. They provide fully digital KYC to their customers. They don’t have any offline customer support.
You need to upload PAN Card, Bank proof, Address Proof, Signature, Photograph and a 5-second video to open an account.