Education is of utmost importance. The Central Government and the State Government issue various scholarships for every child in our country to get a proper education. Today I will tell you about this Swami Vivekananda Scholarship. If you are a resident of West Bengal then this article is going to be very important for you or your child. In this article, you will learn about Swami Vivekananda Scholarship or Bikash Bhavan Scholarship. The Government of West Bengal has launched Swami Vivekananda Scholarship for students who have passed the Secondary (Madhyamik), Higher Secondary (H.S) with 75% or higher marks. So that those meritorious students can build a proper life by studying safely without any difficulty.
You might think that any student who gets good marks will get Swami Vivekananda Scholarship. But this is a completely wrong idea. Because in order to get this scholarship, you need to show your family income. If your family income is more than the mentioned amount, you will not get this scholarship.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2020-21 has been running for many years. And this Scholarship has benefited many students in West Bengal. From this scholarship, you can get 1000 to 5000 rupees per month. But it depends on what class you are in and what your educational qualifications are. If you want, you can apply for scholarship renewal again next year after getting the scholarship once. Let’s read the below paragraph to know more in detail.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
This scholarship 2020-21 is for the residents of West Bengal students only. If you or someone in your family is a student then you can get the benefit of this scholarship. You must first register for this. And then the West Bengal government will look into your scholarship application form and if they think so, they will accept your application. Any student can apply for it if he/she is a student of Secondary or Madhyamik, Higher Secondary (HS) or higher class. You can find out the starting date and last date of this scholarship by visiting the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Official Website.
If you do not get the mentioned marks then you will not get this scholarship. Also, if your family income is more than ₹ 250,000, then you will not get the benefit of this scholarship.
Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- This scholarship is for those students who have passed class X and XII, at under Graduate level in Engineering, Medical and Technical / Professional courses besides Under Graduate, Post Graduate level students pursuing General Degree courses.
- The students will get the scholarship amount as per the merit-cup-means criteria.
- You don’t need to add any hard copy of the application.
- The upper family income limit is ₹2,50,000 per annum.
- Students who are M.Phil courses and Doctorate courses (NON-NET JUNIOR RESEARCH FELLOW and NET-LECTURERSHIP) will come under the purview of this Scholarship Scheme.
- If you are eligible for this Scholarship then you will not be able to enjoy any other government (central / state) scholarship or stipend for the same course / stage.
- You have to enclose an Affidavit written on a Non-judicial Stamp Paper valued Rs. 10/- or more while applying.
Also Read: BanglarBhumi Know Your Property Information
Eligibility Marks Criteria
|HS or Equivalent||75% in aggregate in Madhyamik Pariksha|
|Diploma Level||75% in aggregate|
|UG level||75% in aggregate in HS Education / Madrasha Siksha Parishad|
|PG level||53% marks in the Honours subject|
Amount of Scholarship
|Current Course||Last Exam Passed||Marks Obtained (%)||Amount of Scholarship/month|
|1. Higher Secondary (HS)||Madhyamik or equivalent||75%||₹1000|
|2. Diploma (Polytechnic)||1. Madhyamik or equivalent for 1st year of Diploma|
2. HS or equivalent for Diploma in Pharmacy, Modern office practice and management and 3D animation & graphics for the 2nd-year duration.
3. HS (Vocational courses for 2nd-year Diploma)
|3. Graduation level||HS or equivalent||75%||₹1000 to ₹5000|
|4. Post-Graduation level||1. Honours subject in Graduation level|
2. Graduation level in case of Engineering students
|₹2000 to ₹5000|
Apply for Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Online
SVMCM Official Website: svmcm.wbhed.gov.in
Every year eligible students can apply online for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship. First of all, you have to visit the official website and then you have to register on the web platform. Here you have to submit all the basic details like your name, father name, address, family income, last exam passed, marks obtained and more.
After that, you have to add some basic documents too. Then the official will verify your application. And if you are eligible then the money will be sent to your Bank account. You can easily reapply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship for the next time in the next class.
Also Read: Best Refer and Earn Apps
How To Apply for SVMCM Scholarship
SVMCM Official Website: svmcm.wbhed.gov.in
- First of all, visit the official website of Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship.
- Here you will get to see the registration option.
- Simply open the registration option.
- Please download the operation manual before proceeding for registration.
- Enter your mobile number and email.
- Tap on the Submit button.
- You will get a 15 digit unique id.
- You can save it for future use.
- Now you can log in with this unique if of 15 digits and password.
- Enter captcha and log in.
- Add a passport size photo of 20KB-50KB and signature with 10KB-20KB respectively.
- Scanned supporting document file will appear. Upload required documents here.
- Documents size should be in PDF format and the max size will be 400KB.
- Click on agree and tap on ‘Proceed To Registration’ button.
- Choose an appropriate directorate and click on ‘Apply for Fresh Applicant’.
- For fresh applicant, fill the form and choose Submit or ‘Click Here for Register’ button.
Also Read: Best Affiliate Programs India
SVMCM Required Doucments
- Aadhar Card.
- West Bengal residential proof.
- Address proof.
- Ration card.
- Last education qualification.
- Family income certificate.
- Passport size photo.
- Mobile number and email id.
This scholarship is also known as Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship.
Also Read: Earn ₹100 from Groww App
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Renewal Application Process
Renewal applications don’t need to register again. They can easily log in with their previous SVMCM Applicant ID and Password. If you forgot your SVMCM Applicant ID and Password then you can easily forget and get a new one.
- First of all, click on the ‘Applicant Login’.
- Enter Application ID, Password and Security Code then tap on Login button.
- After successful login, click on the Edit Profile or Edit Application to continue.
- Fill the Basic details and tap on the Save and Continue option.
- Enter the Bank details and tap on Save and Continue.
- Upload scanned supporting documents with required file size.
- Fill all the basic details and allow the check box.
- After successful uploading of the documents, a success message will be displayed.
- Applicants may download the Application details by clicking on the ‘Download Application Details’ button.
- Finally, after entering all the details choose the ‘Submit Application’ option.
- Please note, once the application is submitted, you can not edit or change it. Unless the application is unlocked from concerned HOI end.
Also Read: Start Affiliate Marketing With No Money
SVMCM Forgot Application ID and Password
If you are trying to reapply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship but forget your User ID and Password then don’t worry. Today I will tell you how to forget Application ID and Password easily. So let’s read the below process.
- First of all, choose the Applicant Login option.
- Now tap on the ‘Forgot Applicant Log in / Password’ option.
- Select what is to retrieve whether Applicant ID or Password.
- For Applicant ID: Select Application Type, Mobile Number and Captcha and then tap on Proceed button.
- Submit the OTP and tap on verify.
- You will get to see the your Applicant ID on the next screen.
- For Password: Select Application Type, Mobile Number, Application Number and Captcha.
- Then tap on the Proceed button.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number.
- After verifying the OTP, you will get to see a new screen.
- Enter New Password, Confirm Password and tap on ‘Confirm’ button.
Also Read: Upstox Refer and Earn
How To Change Password
- To reset password, firsly open the Menu tab.
- Under this, you will get to see an option Settings.
- Under the Settings tab, open the ‘Reset Password’ option.
- Enter the ‘Old Password’, ‘New Password’ and ‘Confirm Password’ and fill the captch.
- Click on the ‘Update Password’ and your password will be changed.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Helpline Number
If you need any kind of help regarding SVMCM Scholarship, amount, application status, applicant id or password etc then feel free to contact SVMCM helpline. They also provide a helpline contact number and email.
Support Mail ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
Support Mobile Number: 18001028014 (10 AM to 6 PM except Sundays)
FAQ: Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship
Any residential of WB who’s annual family income is below ₹2,50,000 and who is a student with 75% marks in his Madhyamik, HS, Diploma, Graduation Level or with 55% in Post graduation level can apply for the SVMCM Scholarship.
You can easily register on the portal and fill all the basic details to get the SVMCM Scholarship amount.
You will get ₹1000 per month if you are in HS level, ₹1500 per month if you are in Diploma level, ₹1000 to ₹5000 per month if you are in Graduation level and ₹2000 to ₹5000 if you are in Post Graduation level.
Simply, log in on the official website with your SVMCM applicant ID and password. Here under the dashboard tab, you will get to see the Scholarship status.
The SVMCM helpline email id is email@example.com and helpline number is 18001028014.
No, you will get only one Govt scholarship at a time.
If the annual family income is below ₹2,50,000 and if have passed Madhyamik, HS with 75% or more marks in aggregate then you are eligible for the scholarship.